A clear baseline for digital progress
The Bowen Craggs benchmarking methodology is tailored to the needs of corporate digital channels. Unlike most brand or news websites, corporate digital channels are complex, multi-functional and serve many different internal and external stakeholders.
Over the last 20 years Bowen Craggs has used this methodology thousands of times to review our clients’ digital channels, and rank the online estates of the world’s largest companies.
All of our reviews are incorporated into the Bowen Craggs Index, the most comprehensive source of current and evolving best practices in corporate digital communications.
Our benchmarking service shows clients how they perform against peers and industry best practice. This provides our clients with a clear baseline in order to:
- Prioritise team actions and set goals
- Plan and maintain continuous improvement initiatives
- Convince decision makers and educate colleagues about the benefits of digital projects
- Identify and target improvements for each of your online audiences
We use standardized metrics to assess and score the following areas of your company's digital estate:
- Construction – navigation, orientation, accessibility and integration of all digital channels
- Message – what messages do your online channels convey to visitors? Is company information detailed and easy to find?
- Contact – is it easy for all key audience groups to contact your company?
- Serving society – an in depth look at the quality of responsibility and sustainability information across your digital channels
- Serving investors – how well does your online presence cater to fund managers, financial analysts and individual investors?
- Serving media – can journalists easily find relevant news, press releases and background material?
- Serving jobseekers and employees – do your website and social media channels provide a good experience for jobseekers, and are you employees represented effectively?
- Serving customers – our research shows that customers are visiting corporate channels, will they easily find what they are looking for?
Bowen Craggs Index
The details of each review are made available within the Bowen Craggs Index, which allows clients to compare individual company performance against a wide range of peers and industry best practice.