Best practice library
Continuously added to, the Bowen Craggs best practice library contains the collected wisdom, and occasional wit, we have built up over the course of analysing and observing websites during the past ten years.
The library has three main sections:
BC Tips Best (and worst) practice ‘snapshots’ from around the web, with our unique evaluation of their significance and value to other site owners and designers.
Web Effectiveness The archive of our regular online newsletter giving access to Tips, Commentaries and other articles twice monthly.
Please note that while there is no charge for access to Best practice library content, you will be asked to register with the site on your first visit. This takes only a few moments and helps us to understand better who is using the site and what they are looking for.
Browse by category
BC Tips and Commentaries are each archived and seachable by a common set of 12 categories. To explore, follow the links in the section menu to the left.
The categories, and what they cover, are:
- Design & technology Visual brand; accessibility; use of technology
- Navigation 'Journeys'; ease of movement; search engine
- Serving information seekers Specific; browsers; contact details
- Content Quality of English; translation/localisation; freshness; help
- About us Company information; general brandbuilding
- Investors Institutional; individual; analysts
- Corporate social responsibility Reputation management; sustainability; governance & ethics; stakeholders & community; environment
- Media Serving journalists
- Data & reports/publications Databases/archives; publications/reports; data management; formats
- Jobs & careers Vacancies; recruitment; human resources
- Serving customers Selling to; supporting; product brandbuilding
- Serving other businesses Current customers; potential customers; suppliers